Wednesday, May 9, 2018

File Corrutped!

I'm very upset today because my entire manuscript (not complete - 46,000 words) was on a thumb drive and when I went to retrieve it, the message was "File corrupted - unable to open."
Needless to say, I was beet red and ready to delete my computer! I've tried many different ways to recover this file, however, it seems it's a lost effort.

So much for back-up!

I don't relish the thought of starting over, but the one good thing is it'll be a complete re-write. Maybe the second time will be better than the first...who knows? I feel honored to be in the company of people like Hemmingway and others who have lost manuscripts. But it's a crummy club to belong to.
Time to stop and whining get busy! Either I start again on this or I start a completely new story. We shall see!

Thanks for listening to my rant!




No comments:

Post a Comment