Saturday, June 2, 2018

Excerpt From My New Novel

I wanted to share a small except from the new novel I'm working on. I haven't decided on a title yet, but "A Walk Through Hell and Back" has been my working title. Perhaps I'll change it a few times as this progresses. I'm sure you know what I mean. Your comments are appreciated


                                                                     * * * *

The nurse slipped through the sliding glass door and Jade heard the click of a lock as the door shut. I’m locked in here? What’s going on? Outside the door she could see a security guard hanging around, leaning against the desk at the nurse’s station. Jade eyes searched the room for her clothes, but didn’t see them. She wanted to get up and leave! But all she had on was a short, cotton gown that was open in the back. Her bra and panties were gone also. She wouldn’t get very far like this, even if she could get the door unlocked and avoid the waiting security guard.


The sliding glass door opened again. A tall man wearing blue scrubs and a while coat entered and stepped up to the computer attached to the wall in the room.
“I’m Doctor Gaele, one of the emergency room doctors. Let’s see…you arrived about two hours ago and it looks like you overdosed on insulin. Is that correct?”


Jade nodded, keeping silent. Her stomach knotted up as her hands clenched together.

No comments:

Post a Comment