Friday, May 25, 2012

Why Blog?


Here it is Friday morning and I'm staring at a blank page wondering: Why am I doing this? Then I remember all the amazing people I've met while online and all the wonderful information that they are sharing and I remember Yep! That's why I'm doing this. There is also another reason I'm doing this.

About two years ago, my sister Loretta Stephenson, who has a wonderful art blog at Art By Retta, called me up and asked me how my writing was coming along. I said great! But I felt isolated and sitting at a computer for five hours a day by youself can be discouraging. She said, Why not start a blog? I had little idea what I was getting my self into, but I started my first blog, which was just posts of portions of my work. The problem there was, all my work was on the blog. I got worried that it was too much for people to read, and it was. So, at the beginning of this year, I started this blog, which is reflections about the writing process.

I enjoy sharing what I learn about writing, and the latest thing I've learned is to follow your heart. When someone says, It can't be done! Do you believe them? If you believe in your dream, then it CAN be done somehow! And this is why I blog. To share what I've learned. I have a dream that someday, I will be able to share my writing with others. And it's coming close to being a reality. I have my first short story in the editor's hand right now and then it will be formatted for e-book. Medieval Muse will be lauched as a free e-book in August for all those interested.

Medieval Muse is the story of a young woman who finds herself transported back to medieval times and has an adventure that will change her life. In a way, I'm having an adventure in writing that has changed my life. It has opened up new and exciting possibilities for me and I want to share it with others. That is why I blog! Why do you blog? Care to share about it?

4 comments:

  1. The blog community is just so fantastic. I would not have made the splash I did on my recent release without you and others. It warms my heart. :D

    I've learned so much through blogging and everyone's willingness to share. I'd not be publishing otherwise & I'm so glad I am. It was worth it to get my first fan letters this past week. Worth every minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M Pax: I rejoice with you at getting your fan letters. That must be a great feeling.

      And yes, I can say I've learned a lot, also, from my friends (like you) in the blogging community.

      Delete
  2. "... the latest thing I've learned is to follow your heart. When someone says, It can't be done! Do you believe them? If you believe in your dream, then it CAN be done somehow! "

    Ahhh... just the thing I needed to read today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful what we can gain from our friends in the blogging community? I glad it helped.

      Delete