Wednesday, September 11, 2013

New Title For Everyone To Check Out!

For those of you who want to learn how to structure your novel into a more exciting and well paced manuscript, you might like to check out K. M. Weiland's Structuring Your Novel.

I bought this book from Amazon.com for $2.99 (Kindle edition) just a few days ago and already I'm finding better ways to add to the outline I've been creating for my latest story.

Not only does Ms. Weiland teach you about plot points and where to put them, she explores the entire structure of the novel, using famous titles as examples. So far, I've been able to learn from these examples and am able to see where my own plot points need to be.

But that's not all she offers. Since I'm not finished with the book, I can't say how the rest of her book plays out. If it's as good as the first part, I expect to learn some valuable key points. The main thing I've taken away so far is that these are suggestions that can help turn your book into an excellent manuscript. I'm all for that!

I hope you check out this title! Enjoy your writing!

7 comments:

  1. I'll have to add this one to my list. Thanks, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some wonderful books at great prices. I'm going to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Karen. Thanks for the reminder about this book. It's already on my TBR book list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan: I think it's wonderful that some authors keep their book prices down so everyone can enjoy them.

    Susanne: I'm glad you're planning on reading this one. I've found it to be helpful and not a list of what you should and shouldn't do. There are too many rules out there already. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, Great post. I didn't know Kim had a new book out. And I definitely could benefit from reading it. I just finished reading her "Dreamlander"; it was a wonderful book. The thing that really caught my attention is that at 544 paperback pages, I never skimmed. I never got bored. Maybe part of that is due to the structure--the plot points...

    Thanks bunches for this post.

    And thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you do give Weekend Writing Warriors (wewriwa.com) a try--we'd love to see you there! A new linky list goes up every Monday morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Karen, I think you will consider joining my bloggers' book club. Details are here: http://armchairsquid.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-cephalopod-coffeehouse-september.html

    ReplyDelete