Wednesday, September 4, 2013

IWSG Two Year Anniversary






Today is Insecure Writer's Support Group's two year anniversary! The group is hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh and you can visit his blog HERE. If you are interested in becoming a participant in  this group, the sign up list is HERE.

September’s co-hosts are:
Joylene Nowell Butler http://cluculzwriter.blogspot.com/

I've met a lot of wonderful people who are members of IWSG and on the first Wednesday of each month we post. The list of members is available each time so you can visit others who have joined.

New news: I sent off a query letter to an agent last week. That's a first for me, since I've been self publishing for the last year. I needed to explore my options before releasing my next story, Call of the Dragon: A Dragon Stone Trilogy Book 1. Self publishing has had many advantages for me, but I would like to see if my book could possibly get published non-indie. We shall see. Until recently, I wouldn't have had the courage to query an agent, but I'm growing and learning as I go.

Where are you in your evolution as a writer? What are your goals and how are you realizing them?

"Perhaps it is just as well to be rash and foolish for a while. If writers were too wise, perhaps no books would get written at all. It might be better to ask yourself 'Why?' afterward than before. Anyway, the force of somewhere in space which commands you to write in the first place, gives you no choice. You take up the pen when you are told and write what is commanded. There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside you."
~Zora Neale Hurston from Dust Tracks On A Road~  

9 comments:

  1. Good for you! Hey, you never know unless you try. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex: Thank you! I'm preparing for either eventuality, even as I write this.

      Delete
  2. You'll like this one, after bravely stepping out to send that letter:

    "Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase." --Martin Luther King Jr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Break a pen, Karen! Reach for those dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! We all are doing our best to light up the sky!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the query letter. I'm having a good feeling for you but I know agents are difficult to get.
    I love working with my three different small publishers. If I had to do it again, I would have taken my self published fantasy series to a small pub after I got my rights back on it from the original publisher. But I'm having more fun than ever as a writer even if it isn't paying the bills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: I'm not hoping writing will pay the bills, I just enjoy writing my stories. I like the process of sharing the stories and learning about writing as I go.

      Delete
  5. My writing goal is to keep finishing things, and I take it a day at a time. As my confidence grows so too will my productivity. I hope.

    ReplyDelete