Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Loretta Stephenson!

Sunday, January 15th is one of those special days! Loretta Stephenson (Art By Retta) is celebrating her birthday! Okay.. it's also the same birthday as artist Don Van Vliet, poet Xu Zhimo, writer Ernest Gains, Martin Luther King Jr. and many others, too. However, because she is my sister and a fabulous artist, I'm sending up the balloons and having a party! She deseerves it!



I was reading through some quotes today and found some I'd like to share. I picked them out with Loretta in mind because she has an affinity for them:

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." --- Albert Schweitzer

"A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperment." --- Oscar Wilde

"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." --- C.S. Lewis

"It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop." --- Confucious

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." --- Einstein


HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May your entire day be filled with excitement and love! I hope it turns out just the way you'd like it to be!

Your loving sister,
Karen Elizabeth Brown





2 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen, this was sooo sweet, I loved it!

    And those quotes... you know how much I like good quotes. Those are fabulous! I've read a lot of C.S.Lewis, and never saw that one before. That was my favorite!

    Thank you so much. :-)
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loretta:
    I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday card. I got lost reading quotes while I was looking these up. I must have spent at least two hours reading and copying down the "good" ones. Watch out! You will see quotes later on!
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete