Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Are you celebrating by wearing something green? Have you had your corn beef and cabbage? Do you go to the nearest pub and order a brew?

St. Patrick's day was originally a holiday commemorating Saint Patrick and the arrival of christianity in Ireland.






Celebrations include public parades, ceilithe (folk music and dancing), and the wearing of green or shamrocks.


So put on your green shamrock and dance! Because I have Irish blood included in my ancestry, I'm able to see a part of my history in this holiday. Do you have Irish descent? If not, what holiday is akin to you?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen. Enjoyed your post. I'm not Irish, but I did make sure I wore some green on Sunday. Making my son some corn beef and cabbage today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susanne: Thanks! Enjoy that corned beef and cabbage. That's traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated St. Patrick's Day. I made sure to wear green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Media: Thanks for the visit! We all wore green and had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete