Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Insecure Writer's Support Group


The Insecure Writer's Support Group posts on the first Wednesday of each month. To learn more about this group you can visit Alex J. Cavanaugh. Although I'm a little late posting this at the end of the day, I'm happy to be getting it up.

Dreaming:



My thoughts today lie with a trip my daughter is planning. She has plans to take me, her sister and my granddaughter to Disney World in the coming year or two. The reason I'm not definite on the date is because this trip is still in the planning stages. And just like with writing a book, it requires lots of investigation and careful research before you put pen to paper, or make final plans.

I used the word dreaming because it's always been a dream of mine to visit the Magic Kingdom in Florida. I live in Oregon, so it's not just a trip around the block, it's a major excursion. We'll be flying across country to a different climate and hopefully it will be a pleasant adventure.

In the mean time, I'm going to be starting a new adventure of my own. I will be creating the world of Cheri Storm, RN. She's moving across country to be with her mother and discovers some creepy events at the new hospital she's working at. Just how many people is too many to be dying at this hospital? And what about the empty vial of atropine she found under the bed of the latest victim? It shouldn't have been there, but it was her patient and she could be the one they prosecute.

What are you dreaming about today? Do you have any plans for the future? Are you writing anything new? Or working on a draft? Let me know so we can dream together!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intriguing new story!
    I've been to Orlando - plan on a whole week. Between the Disney parks, Universal, Sea World, and everything else, you'll have a lot to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex: A week is what we were thinking about. I am excited!

      Delete