Wednesday, August 26, 2015
The Creative Mind
There are many ways an artist tunes up his/her mind in order to keep it brimming with ideas. Some people meditate, while others enjoy the stimulating company of other people. Whatever your choice is, it's important to feed your creativity on a regular basis.
Here are some ways to stimulate your mind (in no particular order):
1. Puzzles and games: these offer challenges to the mind as you work out the solutions to the problems.
2. Plays and movies: these offer dramatic input.
3. Books: reading brings new ideas for the artist's own work.
4. Music: relaxes the soul and also revs up the creative mind.
5. A walk or drive in new surroundings: seeing new places stimulates our curiosity.
6. Artwork: relaxes the body and mind.
Whatever you choose to do (and there are more not on this list) you can be sure that you'll find yourself refreshed and ready to begin new creations. What do you like to do to stimulate your creative mind?