Sunday, June 17, 2018

Continuing the Story...


“Hey, Jade. What’s going on?”

Jade stammered, not sure of how to explain her situation. “Um…Phillip…I’m…well, you see…”

“Jade, spit it out. What’s the problem?”

“I’m in the hospital. They want to send me to the psychiatric ward.”

Silence.

“Jade, I don’t know what to say.”

“Say you’ll get me out of here!”

“Okay, give me the facts. And be honest.”

Jade told him the entire story without embellishing on it. After she was done, she heard a large sigh from Phillip and knew she wasn’t going to hear what she’d hope for.

“You have to spend the seventy-four hours there. What you do and what they see from you will determine the outcome and their recommendations.”

“I see. So that’s it. I have to stay here.”

“Yes.”
* * * *
I'm excited about the progress I'm making on this story. I'm planning on giving small snippets every time I post so you can see what's going on.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." J.R.R. Tolkien

1 comment:

  1. That's an intriguing beginning, Karen. :-) How is it going? Have you finished it?

    ReplyDelete