Wednesday, November 4, 2015

IWSG - Mundane Thoughts

This is the Insecure Writer's Support Group which meets the first Monday of each month and hosted by Alex J.  Cavanaugh. To visit other members at the website, click HERE.

The co-hosts for November are:
Denise Covey  http://dencovey.blogspot.com/  
Stephen Tremp   http://authorstephentremp.blogspot.com/

I've been working at a slow pace this month, unable to get my mind in gear. My latest story, Gemini, The MacKenzie Chronicles, Book 2 is at a standstill. Have you ever written yourself into a corner? Well, my corner has three sides, each with its own idea about the ending. I'm going back through the story to re-evaluate the story line and to re-create the plot line. Another few weeks of work, I suppose.

When I was on Twitter yesterday I saw a great tweet that said: Make yourself work. Write while you have the time or even if you don't. It encouraged me to keep working even when I'm discouraged or depressed.

"Read, read, read. Read everything- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window."
~~William Faulkner~~ 

5 comments:

  1. I love that quote! I make it a point to read everything I can, so hopefully that will help me.

    I've written myself into interesting corners before. Best of luck figuring out where you want to take the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just forcing myself to sit down and work is helping me. It's better than throwing my hands up and screaming!

      Delete
  2. I've been pushing myself through a few tough spots in my WIP and took my characters on a twisty path that changed everything but now it's going better. Hope you find the way out of the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan: Thank you! Looks like I'm not the only one that's been stuck in a maze. I'm encouraged. Also, I'm getting some progress now.

      Delete
  3. No, dear, your thots art never mundane - only as a Marmaduke. Wiseabove. Break-free. Give unto God what He has freely upon thou, my just and fair liege. Lemme tella youse summore without d'New Joisey accent, kapiche??

    Yay! You RITE!! Gotta lotta subtle, stupendous, supersonic, sassy, savvy, kick-ass elixers and electronic elegance on our YOUTHwitheTRUTH blogs. N'joym, dear.

    AAAAAND!!! We shall RITE
    thousands upon nonillions
    of novelties Upstairs in God's Magnificent Kingdome throughout the length and breadth of endless eternity.

    God bless your indelible soul.
    Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete