The first 5 most common errors are:
- Weak mechanics: Spelling, grammar, etc.
- Implausible character behaviors: When a character does something contrary to his/her established traits or in violation of basic human nature.
- Echoing: When words or sentence structure repeat frequently in a way that calls attention to the pattern.
- Illogical world features: Aspects of the world building that do not bear scrutiny.
- Conspicuous exposition: Presentation of backstory in inappropriate places, or in dense passages, or for insufficient story reasons.
If you want to read Jefferson Smith's entire article, click HERE.